Makeblocks mBot Ranger is the intermediate robotics kit in the mBot series and targets users aged 10 years and older. The Ranger can be built into three preset variations: a tank (Land Raider), a racing car (Dashing Raptor), or a self-balancing robot (Nervous Bird). After building, users can control the robot or play games via mobile apps or write code with Makeblock’s visual programming software mBlock 5. For educators of middle school and above, this is a great tool for teaching computer science class, robotics class, and other STEAM classes. Educators can use this robot to teach not only basic to Arduino-C based advanced coding courses but also to improve students’ teamwork and problem-solving skills as well as to introduce concepts of robotics.
Robotic Constructions include:
Land Raider: Climb, roll, and avoid obstacles with the incredible outdoor performance of the off-road Land Raider
Dashing Raptor: With super-speed and intelligent line following abilities, this robot is good in any competition
Nervous Bird: Fun to watch it balance on its wheels, the self-balancing Nervous Bird makes for an exciting and engaging playmate for children
- Easily teach computer science and robotics
- Programmable Components and Sensors
- Input: ultrasonic sensor, sound sensor, light sensor, temperature sensor, line-following sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, IR transmitter/receiver
- Output: motors, RGB lights, buzzer
- Enjoy the approximately 45-minute building experience
- Increase the fun of learning to code and keep students engaged
- The Ranger can run on rough outdoor terrains in the Land Raider mode
- Nine programmable input and output modules create a series of activities the Ranger can perform
- Me Auriga mainboard provides ten ports to add more electronic components
Battery requirements: 6 pcs AA batteries for mbot Ranger. Batteries are not included.