The Clearwater 6-Weight 9' Fly Rod is a stout trout and light bass fly rod that can handle big, heavy streamers, big hair poppers, dropper setups, and nymph rigs with ease. This is a great rod for pounding the banks from a drift boat or dropping poppers on the edge of lily pads.
This is a must-have rod in Alaska for throwing mouse patterns and drifting egg patterns and flesh flies to big rainbows. The Clearwater 906-4 has the backbone to do the job and then some. There are times when conditions call for big flies to catch big fish and this rod is designed for just that.
The new Clearwater Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers.
Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 9' 6-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminium reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with gray rod tube
- Designed in Vermont U.S.A.