This easy-to-use GPS smartwatch is designed for people of all skill levels to track their stats and chase their fitness goals. Track more than just running with an array of built-in activity profiles. Monitor your overall health and wellness with the wrist-based heart rate. Track your time, distance pace and speed during your run or walk with built-in GPS.
Lightweight and comfortable, this smartwatch is the perfect fit for running and for everyday life. Whether you’re running a 5K or sweating it out during HIIT sessions, experience the ultimate in comfort with this sporty silicone band.
While you’re out and about, Forerunner 55 tracks steps, intensity minutes and more. Take guesswork out of training with high-end running features to help you meet your potential. When you’re ready to hit the track for some speedwork, use the built-in track run activity to track where you run, and get accurate stats, including distance, pace and intervals. Get heart rate data along with alerts if your heart rate stays high while you’re at rest. You can even gauge how hard your heart is working during activities.
With Smart Notifications, receive emails, texts and alerts right on your smartwatch when paired with your compatible smartphone. You can also easily control the music playing on your paired smartphone, so you can skip songs without missing a beat. With Safety and Tracking capability so if you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, assistance and incident detection features can send a message with your location to emergency contacts.
The Garmin Coach adaptive training plans feature guidance from expert coaches and free training plans that adapt to you and your goals. With daily suggested workouts for personalised training guidance, there’s even daily run recommendations of varying intensities based on your training history, fitness level and recovery time. Switch up your workout routine with activity profiles for track or virtual running, pool swimming, Pilates, HIIT and even breathwork. Workouts sync right to your watch from the Garmin Connect app.
Plan your race day strategy, with Pacepro Technology that offers GPS-based pace guidance for a selected course or distance in the Garmin Connect app. So you can tailor your efforts to what’s ahead. You can also use the cadence alerts to improve your running form so you know when you’ve gone outside your target cadence range. Want some guidance to help you meet your goal? Select a distance for your run, and you’ll be able to see a data screen that shows your estimated finish time. The race predictor tool even takes into account your fitness level and training history to help you work toward your race goal and see the impact of training on your predicted finish time.
- Designed for Form and Function
- Smart Notifications
- Safety and Tracking Features
- Built-In GPS
- Wrist-Based Heart Rate
- Fitness Age Feature
- Respiration Tracking
- Stress Tracking
- Women’s Health Tracking
- Cadence Alerts
- Race Predictor
- Recovery Advisor
- Body Battery Energy Monitoring
- Built-In Sports Apps
- Pacepro Technology so you can plan your race day strategy
- Syncs with Garmin Connect
- Garmin Coach Training Feature
- Battery Life: Up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode
- Lens Material: Chemically strengthened glass
- Silicone Strap
- Physical Size: 42 x 42 x 11.6 mm
- Fits wrists with a circumference of 126-203 mm
- Display Size: 1.04 Inch (26.3 mm) diameter
- Display Resolution: 208 x 208 pixels
- Display Type: Sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Battery Life: Smartwatch mode: Up to 2 weeks; GPS mode: Up to 20 hours
- 200 hours of activity data memory/history
- Body Battery Energy Monitor
- All-Day Stress Relaxation Reminders & Relaxation Breathing Timer
- Smart Notifications (Calendar, Weather, and more)
- Controls Smartphone Music
- Find My Phone and Find My Watch Feature
- Smartphone Compatibility: iPhone, Android
- Incident Detection During Select Activities
- Activity Tracking Features (Step Counter, Move Bar, Auto Goal, Calories Burned, Distance Travelled, Intensity Minutes, Accelerometer, and more)
- Available Gym Activity Profiles: Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, HIIT, Pilates, Yoga Training, Planning and Analysis Features
- Available Run Profiles: Running, Treadmill Running, Track Running, Indoor Track Running, Virtual Running
- GPS-Based Distance, Time And Pace
- Alerts (Triggers Alarm When You Reach Goals Including Time, Distance, Heart Rate Or Calories)
- Available Cycling Profiles: Biking, Indoor Biking
- Pool Swim Metrics (Lengths, Distance, Pace, Stroke Count, Swim Efficiency (SWOLF), Calories)
- Underwater Wrist-Based Heart Rate
- Connect IQ Compatible
- GPS Time Sync
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time
- Alarm Clock
- Sunrise/Sunset Times
What’s in the box?
- Forerunner 55
- Charging/data cable