Up-at-dawn runners and conditioned-for-pain triathletes, we want you to have peace of mind while you run, ride or swim. So leave your phone at home. This watch has got your back.
Carry more on your wrist without the extra bulk or added weight. Fly past the competition with this lightweight, sporty smartwatch. From open water swims to long training rides, this watch is up to the challenge. Its high-performance silicone band and durable Corning Gorilla Glass DX lens can handle just about anything.
With Smart Notifications, receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, when paired with a compatible smartphone. This LTE-connected smartwatch links you in fun ways to your family and friends and also provides peace of mind while you’re out doing your sport. Automatically send race updates to family and friends, without lifting a finger. While you’re powering through, they can stay up to date with your pace, miles completed and more. Use LiveTrack to let friends and family follow your real-time location and even view your entire preplanned course. Rest assured that your loved ones know exactly where you’re running or riding. You can also get midrace motivation with audio and text messages from your family and friends. You can even download your playlists from select music streaming services right to your watch. The Garmin Forerunner 945 LTE can store up to 1,000 songs.
Take safety seriously. If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, the Forerunner 945 can send a message to your emergency contacts with your location information. This watch can also automatically send your name and location to the Garmin IERCC, a 24/7 staffed professional emergency response coordination centre that can contact and coordinate with emergency services or others to provide assistance.
Switch up your workouts with activity profiles for cycling, triathlon, pool and open-water swimming, track running and more. For races and brick workouts, switch sports with a single button press. For training guidance that takes you and your fitness level into account, get daily run and ride recommendations based on your current training load and training status. After each workout, the built-in recovery time advisor lets you know how long to rest before another big effort. It even accounts for all-day stress, sleep and daily activities outside of workouts. See how your workouts influence the development of endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic Training Effect feedback.
The Garmin Coach free adaptive Training plans feature guidance from expert coaches that adapt to you and your goals. Get your indoor and outdoor training plans from the Garmin Connect app, or sync seamlessly to your Forerunner from other platforms including TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad.
With Tracking and analysis features the Garmin Forerunner 945 LTE will keep you on track. Find out how your training load breaks down by categories of intensity and if that breakdown is balanced, focused or lacking in one or more areas. Train smarter with VO2 MAX an indicator of how you can expect to perform. This metric even accounts for changes in performance that could be caused by heat or altitude. The training status metric evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching. While you run, analyse pace, heart rate and heart rate variability for a real-time assessment of your current ability to perform. Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest. The PacePro feature also helps keep you on pace with grade-adjusted guidance as you run a course. With the specialised Race Predictor tool that takes into account your fitness level and training history to help you work toward your race goal, you will see the impact of training on your predicted finish time.
Whether you’re running the city streets or riding densely covered trails, Forerunner 945 LTE provides built-in mapping to help keep you on track. With access to multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. With Turn-by-turn Navigation you can follow a route or course with help from directions, which let you know ahead of time when the next turn is coming. Round-trip routing lets you enter a distance you want to run or ride and get suggested courses that will bring you back to your starting point. Trendline popularity routing helps you find the best local paths. You can even use ClimbPro ascent planner on downloaded courses to see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance and elevation gain.
Upload your activities to the Garmin Connect app to interact with a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete, and even share their triumphs via social media. Create courses in the Garmin Connect app, so you’ll never run out of places to run. Or plan one on other platforms such as Strava and Komoot, then automatically sync them to your Forerunner. You can even use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more. Even get details on your wrist with the Menstrual Cycle Tracking widget and Pregnancy Tracking app.
- High-Performance Running Watch Design
- Smart Notifications
- Daily Suggested Workouts
- Wrist-Based Heart Rate
- Pulse OX Sensor
- Body Battery Energy Monitoring
- Take your music with you
- Garmin Pay Payment Solution Feature
- Built-In Sports Apps
- Train Smarter with VO2 MAX
- Full-Colour Mapping
- Round-Trip Routing and Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- Race Predictor and Pacepro Technology
- Performance Condition Tracking
- Training Load Focus
- Garmin Connect App Compatible
- Women’s Health Tracking
- Climbpro Feature
- Garmin Coach
- Ability to Sync Training Plans
- Livetrack Technology
- Spectator Messaging and Live Event Sharing
- Recovery Time
- Battery Life: Get up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 7 hours in GPS mode with music and LTE LiveTrack
- Size: 44.4 x 44.4 x 13.9 mm
- Corning Gorilla Glass DX Lens
- Fibre-reinforced polymer Bezel
- Silicone Strap
- Fits wrists with a circumference of 128-218 mm
- Display Size: 1.2 Inch (30.4 mm) diameter
- Display Resolution: 240 x 240 pixels
- Sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) Display
- Weight: 49 g
- Wrist-Based Heart Rate (Constant, Every Second), Daily Resting Heart Rate, Abnormal Heart Rate Alerts
- Respiration Rate (24x7)
- Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation
- Fitness Age
- Body Battery Energy Monitor
- All-Day Stress
- Relaxation Reminders and Breathing Timer
- Women's Health
- GPS, GLONASS and Galileo Sensors
- Garmin Elevate Wrist Heart Rate Monitor
- Barometric Altimeter
- Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
- Smart Notifications (Text Response/Reject Phone Call With Text (Android Only), Calendar, Weather, and more)
- Plays and Controls Watch Music
- Music Storage with up to 1000 songs
- Find My Phone and Find My Watch Functionality
- Smartphone Compatibility (iPhone, Android)
- Pairs with Garmin Connect Mobile
- Garmin Pay
- Safety and Tracking Features (Livetrack, Group Livetrack, Live Event Sharing, Incident Detection During Select Activities and more)
- Tactical Features
- Activity Tracking Features (Calories Burned, Floors Climbed, Distance Travelled, Auto Goal, Step Counter, and more)
- Available Gym Activity Profiles: Strength, Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing, Breathwork, Pilates and Yoga
- Running Features (GPS-based Distance, Time and Pace, Performance Condition, and more.)
- Available Run Profiles: Running, Indoor and Outdoor Track Running, Treadmill Running, Trail Running, Virtual Running, Ultra Running
- Golfing Features (Preloaded Courses, Shot Distance, Stat Tracking and more)
- Available Outdoor Recreation Profiles: Hiking, Climbing, Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing, Kayaking
- Available Cycling Profiles: Biking, Indoor Biking, Mountain Trail Biking, eBiking, eMountain Trail Biking)
- Compatible With Varia Vision, Radar, and Lights
- Available Swim Profiles: Pool Swimming, Open Water Swimming, Swim Running
- Open-Water Swim Metrics (Distance, Pace, Stroke Count/Rate, Stroke Distance, Swim Efficiency (SWOLF), Calories)
- Pool Swim Metrics (Lengths, Distance, Pace, Stroke Count, Swim Efficiency (SWOLF), Calories)
- Stroke Type Detection (Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly) (Pool Swim Only)
- Underwater Wrist-Based Heart Rate
- Heart Rate From External HRM (Real-Time During Rests, Interval And Session Stats During Rests, and Automatic Heart Rate Download Post-Swim)
- GPS Time Sync
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time
- Alarm Clock
- Sunrise/Sunset Times
- Smartwatch Mode: Up to 2 weeks
- GPS mode with music: Up to 12 hours
- GPS mode with music and LTE LiveTrack: Up to 7 hours
- GPS mode without music: Up to 35 hours
- Water Rating of 5 ATM
- Up to 200 hours of memory/historic activity data
What’s in the box?
- Forerunner 945 LTE GPS watch
- Charging/data cable
*No text messaging, calls or voice functionality. LTE connectivity (monthly service plan required) enables phone-free safety and tracking features, spectator messaging and live event sharing. No need to switch phone providers.
*To use LTE features, an active subscription plan and connectivity to a Category M1 LTE network is necessary.
*Assistance Plus is not available in all markets where Category M1 LTE network connectivity is available.
*This is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition.