Let the RV 890 navigate your journey so you can enjoy the memories you make along the way.
This large, 8-inch GPS navigator features a bright, high-resolution edge-to-edge touchscreen display so you can easily see important information, in landscape or portrait mode. RV 890 takes into account the size and weight of your vehicle, then finds the best route. And you can save profiles for multiple vehicles or trailers.
Know of upcoming steep grades, sharp curves, weight limits and more before you get to them. Detailed elevation information helps you prepare for possible steep grades along the route. Simplify your trip with a preloaded directory of camper parks and services from ACSI, CamperContact and Trailer’s PARK, which can be filtered by amenity such as showers, electricity and more, plus content from iOverlander. Pair with the Garmin Drive app to easily import and share routes and share GPX files.
Need directions? Just say 'OK Garmin' and tell RV 890 where to take you. It responds to your spoken requests and then navigates to wherever you need to go. Preloaded with HEMA 100K Topo Maps and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity makes it easy to keep your maps and software up to date without using a computer. On-screen cues show when new updates are available. When paired with the Garmin Drive app, live traffic helps you avoid delays and find detours. Also, view detailed weather forecasts, current conditions, animated radar and more. Built-in Bluetooth wireless technology lets you sync your compatible smartphone with RV 890 to make calls without taking your hands off the wheel. When paired with the Garmin Drive app, you’ll be able to see text messages and other notifications from your phone displayed on the navigator’s screen.
View TripAdvisor traveller ratings for hotels, restaurants and attractions along your route or near your destination. Preloaded Foursquare data on your navigator makes it easy to find new shops, restaurants and millions of other popular places.
Your navigator includes map updates and comes preloaded with full New Zealand maps. Plus, you’ll have access to free map downloads via Garmin Express for North America, South America, Australia and New Zealand, South Africa, the Middle East and North Africa.
Pair RV 890 with Garmin’s BC 35 wireless backup cameras (sold separately) or compatible third-party wired cameras so you can see what’s behind you. From personal navigation and dash cameras to backup cameras, Garmin has you covered from all angles. Find the right device for your drive.
- See it all clearly on the large, 8-inch display, in landscape or portrait mode
- Pull-behinds take different paths than motor homes. We’ve got custom routes for that
- Road warnings let you enjoy unexpected adventure and avoid unexpected sharp curves
- We’ll help you find the best places to stop for a view or stop for a few nights
- Built in Wi-Fi makes updating your maps of New Zealand a breeze
- With the voice assistant, you have a co-pilot that lets you call the shots
- Dimension: 20.0 x 12.5 x 2.0 cm (W x H x D)
- Display size: 17.2 x 10.7 cm (W x H); 20.3cm diag
- Display resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
- Display type: 8" wide view IPS, colour TFT, with on-cell capacitive touch panel
- Dual-orientation display
- Weight : 387 g
- Battery type: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 2 hours
- Magnetic mount
- 1" Ball adapter with amps plate
Specifications (Maps and Memory):
- Preloaded street maps
- Data cards: microSD card (not included)
- 3-D buildings and terrain
- 3D terrain
- Internal storage: 16 GB
- Includes map updates
Specifications (Camera Features):
- Voice control
- Backup camera compatible (BC 35)
Specifications (Navigation Features):
- Garmin real directions landmark guidance
- Millions of Foursquare points of interest
- Tripadvisor traveller ratings
- Route shaping through preferred cities/streets
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands)
- Includes traffic (with Garmin drive app)
- Lane assist with junction view (displays junction signs)
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in New Zealand and Australia)
- Driver alerts for sharp curves, school zones, red light and speed camera warnings and more
Specifications (Advanced Features):
- Smart notifications via app
- Wi-fi map and software updates
- Access to live services via app (traffic, weather, etc.)
Specifications (RV features):
- Specialised routing for the size and weight of your vehicle
- RV parks and services directory
- Road elevations
- Speed limit changes
- State border notices
- Sunrise/sunset times
- Mile marker info
- Easy route planner with GPX file sharing
Specifications (Adventure Features):
- iOverlander points of interest
* Not available in all areas. Entering your camper or caravan profile characteristics does not guarantee your camper’s characteristics will be accounted for in all route suggestions. Always defer to all posted road signs and road conditions.
* To use this feature, you must download the Garmin Drive app to your compatible Bluetooth and GPS-enabled smartphone.
* Requires Bluetooth-enabled smartphone (sold separately).