The Tica Flash Surf FS10000 is a surf reel that offers fishermen a precision build and silky smooth feel at a comfortable price point. This reel weighs in at a light 535gm, making it ideal for building an ultra-light surf combo. Carbon is used for the frame, rotor, and handle, to keep the weight down but also to keep the frame rigid and strong. There is a small lubrication port on the main body, giving easy access to lube the main gear.
The 5.2:1 gear train runs fast and smooth on 7 RRB ball bearings, giving a line retrieval rate of 114cm per handle turn. Fitted with a long shaft and long cast spool and a slow oscillation lets line wind perfectly back onto the spool with no line overlap, resulting in perfect long casts. The spool line guard system is now almost silent. The spool also features a stainless line keeper button which can be used as a casting memory device, simply loop your line around the protruding button after your perfect cast. Now wind the line back in and cast again, the line will stop going out when it reaches the loop you put in the button - and your cast will stop at exactly the same distance/length as your initial cast.
There is an extra drag knob with this reel. The quick-set drag features an integrated preset control which effectively gives you a similar concept to a bait feeder reel, and is perfect for stray lining. Crank the main drag up, then set your desired maximum drag with the small preset knob. Then back the main drag off to put your reel into Bait feeder mode - simple!
- Right/ left interchangeable handle
- Soft-touch handle knob
- Solid aluminium bail wire
- Quick-set drag system
- Computer balanced rotor
- Forged aluminium spool
- 7 sealed precision stainless steel Rust Resistant Ball bearings (RRB)
- Anti-twist line roller with bearing
- One-way instant anti-reverse roller bearing
- Worm shaft oscillating system
- Click alert for a light strike
- Long shaft for better line winding
- Smooth powerful carbon drag washers
- Weight; 535g
- 5.2:1 retrieve ratio, retrieves 114cm line per handle turn
- The main drag has max drag of 12kg
- Capacity 285/25lb, 310m/0.30mm
- Slow oscillation improves line lay on spool with a slower up and down stroke, reduces friction when line flows out for a longer distance casting