The TiCA Tempest TT8000 is designed to deal with large predators like Kingy's and marauding Snapper. With a maximum drag capacity of 25kg and designed for use with braid or mono, this reel will handle anything the monsters lurking around you, can throw at it.
This reel features a waterproof aluminium main body, cover, and rotor, and forged aluminium alloy spool. The main shaft is made from hardened stainless steel for strength, then encased in 8 sealed precision stainless rust resistant ball bearings (RRB) to keep it all running as smooth as silk.
An instant anti-reverse roller bearing in the rotor, anti-twist line roller and a huge waterproof carbon drag, keep the braid under control while fighting your fish. The high speed 5.2:1 retrieve ratio will recover 1.13m per handle turn.
This reel is supplied with an oversize hypalon comfort grip, the forged alloy spool capacities are; braid PE 24kg/700m, or mono 10kg/300m.
- 8 RRB rust resistant bearings
- Strong and durable aluminium alloy frame/ body cover/ rotor/ bail arm
- Forged, corrosion-resistant aluminium spool
- Hardened stainless steel main shaft for enhanced strength
- Rigid, corrosion-resistant zinc drive gear and bronze pinion gear
- Stainless steel rear cover
- Stainless steel screws to secure body cover
- Aluminium handle
- Instant anti-reverse
- Waterproof gaskets at drag knob, spool, main shaft and rotor
- Stainless steel worm shaft oscillating system
- Anti-twist line roller
- Computer balanced rotor
- Weight; 670g
- 5.2:1 retrieve ratio, retrieves 113cm line per handle turn
- Max Drag: 25kg (uprated for NZ conditions)
- Capacity: Mono 10kg/300m, PE Braid #5 24kg/700m